Sunday, October 6, 2013

Volunteer Spotlight

This week in our volunteer spotlight is Wrai Fite!

Meet Wrai

Wrai was interviewed and asked why she volunteers for the Jaymie Jamison Foundation for Hope. She responded, "I volunteer for selfish reasons I believe.  I love Jaymie and the way she was soft spoken and how she was always a happy person.  My daughter and Jaymie grew up together, played together, lived together and loved together.  Cheryl is one of my closest friends and my heart bled for her, Jeff, Hopie who voice brings tears to my eyes, Lexi who stuck to her mom like glue, Maddie who is a duplicate of Jaymie and of course Jett who Jaymie was so proud to finally have her son for Her and Jon.  I love this family and volunteering is what I can do to feel close to Jaymie and the kids.  If one person would not have to go through what Jaymie went through, then the little time that I volunteer is worth everything to me."

Wrai was then asked what her favorite event is. She stated, "The Panties Across the Bridge Event.  It was our first voice about Jaymie and her family."

Thanks Wrai for all you do to help make women everywhere aware of gynecological cancers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment