Sunday, October 27, 2013

Volunteer Spotlight

Meet Shannon Helton!

Shannon has been a volunteer since the beginning of the Jaymie Jamison Foundation for Hope. When asked why she volunteers she replied, "Jaymie was a friend of mine. I have seen what her family went through and is still going through to this very day. I don't want this to happen to anyone else's family. I want my girls to be educated on gynecological cancers. I want to make sure they and all of my loved ones know about prevention, signs and symptoms."

Shannon was asked what her favorite event is. She answered, " I enjoy Panties Across the Bridge because of the awareness we bring to people, but mostly I love giving back and helping other people by supporting them or educating them."

Shannon is the sponsorship coordinator for the organization. Please contact her at shelton@jaymiejamisonfoundation.org to learn about sponsorship opportunities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment