Monday, January 20, 2014

Cervical Caner Awareness Month- Phyllis' Story


I was diagnosed with small cell cervical cancer in May of 2012. 
did chemo and radiation and have had a full hysterectomy. I am now dealing with very painful side effects. I have had 2 rounds of hyberbaric oxygen therapy to help repair internal damage from the radiation. I have not had a PET scan yet due to the likely chance of having a ton of false positives. I have had ct scans and MRI's and exams that show no cancer has returned. 
I have two wonderful outcomes of the chemotherapy. Dead cancer cells at the time of my hysterectomy and curly hair!! 

Thank you,
Phyllis C.
Northeastern PA
Phyllis shared her story with us in July 2013 before our Panties Across the Bridge event while sending us her picture to hang on the Purple People Bridge for Awareness. Thanks Phyllis!

No comments:

Post a Comment